Monday, August 24, 2015

HLS: XMAS in August

This is my first entry into the Happy Little Stampers XMAS challenge... this one is "Sparkle."...

And here's my simple card:



What do you think?   I totally took the rules literally and went with the word "sparkle," and I took multiple shots over two days to try to show the nice silvery-green sheen of the wreath.  Don't know if I succeeded.

I like it for kind of a non-denominational card... some folks just aren't into Xmas, so this is a nice holiday season card, I think.

7 comments:

  1. It does indeed make a fabulous non traditional, non denominational holiday card and it sure does sparkle too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, think this looks really cool. The aged edges with a modern touch and sparkle look fab together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pia. Would you have added a bow? I just couldn't decide on one that would look right. I'm not usually such a mod-CAS starter, so maybe it's just that I want to keep plastering on!

      Delete
  3. I love love love this card.. it has my style written all over it.. Great job capturing the SPARKLE. thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. Love the white edges and your green wreath really shines (your close-up photo really captures the shine!). Love you've added the "Sparkle" sentiment in sparkly embossing. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of it! The white on the edges is brilliant. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of it! The white on the edges is brilliant. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete