Thursday, August 27, 2015

Viva La Verve, August, Week 3! BOO

I love halloween! Guess I was in the mood when I saw this sketch...


Such a sweet-looking sketch from Verve for Week 3... got spooky real quick!




Lots going on here. 
  • First, I made a black card (4.25x5.5") with Core'dinations paper, then I duded-up a black 6" doily with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Harvest Orange, then daubed it with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Black Soot and scrunched it down to the size of the card, ripped off the edges, and attached that baby. 
  • Made the tag on white cardstock, sprayed with the Harvest Orange, then used a Heidi Aesop stencil with Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint. Awesome. 
  • Built the cupcake with cardboard from the recycle bin and cardstock inked with purple Color Box pad and painted with Aleene's Glitter Snow. After it dried, I ran a generic black ink pad on it and added Stickles Black Diamond sprinkles.
  • Added some bulk ribbon and a brad I had in my stash. The "sentiment" is from Creative Imaginations, duded-up with the Stickles from above. 
Phew!





2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool effect you've given the background! And the sentiment - rotten sweet - how original and how fitting for this design!
    Really glad I found your blog, there's lots of inspiration here. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card. Love all the texture! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete