Saturday, August 22, 2015

Krafting with the birds #1

Most of my quick cards have birds as the subject.  Anyone who knows me even kind of well would agree that I'm a bird-nerd-- I love all things bird-related.

I was very excited to see this week's Kraft Journal Challenge: Anything Goes With Birds! My only trouble was narrowing down what style I wanted to go with. I have this problem where I buy anything from clothing to crafting supplies that has to with birds, and so it makes the crafting even more challenging: How to decide? 


Instead of staying gridlocked, I just kind of used supplies that were laying out, and then I grabbed my go-to bird crafting accessory: a field guide purchased just for cuttin' and craftin'.  I've been "into" black and gold lately so I chose a sweet (as in super-bada$$) Least Storm Petrel-- looks so dark and awesome.


I did not add a sentiment.  In fact,  for many of my bird cards I don't add sentiments because, really, the cards could be used for anything from birthdays to thanks to sympathy... depending on the bird,  of course :)

Supplies:
  • Core'dinations black paper
  • Pink paper from K & Company
  • Liquid Leaf (gold) painted onto the kraft
  • Viva Pearl Pen in Anthracite 
  • Heidi Swapp stencil with some gold Krylon spray paint (what can I say?  It works well and it was within reach!)
  • I use a copy of the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America. I know it should be underlined,  but I'm completing this from my phone... gimme a break! (My MIL is an author and ex-English teacher... I get worried she'll read it and shake her head! Haha)






1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun when you can make up a card using elements and stuff just laying around on your work table and everything fits nicely together? I love when that happens to me.... Love the result!

    ReplyDelete