Sunday, August 23, 2015

Inkspirational + MFT = Yummo!

It always surprises me when I do a two-fer... probably because I don't usually intend to-- it's like, I'll have a couple challenges rolling around in my brain, and then they jumble into one before I consciously realize it! (Like I said before when this happened: this either makes me super-smart or super-challenged!)

Anyway... BRASS TACKS:

My little card is a combo of the following two challenges:





And here's my card:




Supplies and notes:
  • The sweet treat was made by using kraft, previously painted with some Liquid Leaf, for the cone, then topping it off with a scoop made using Aleene's brand glitter snow (it's wayyyy dimensional and moldable).  Then I had to add some Stickles "sprinkles" in Ice.
  • The oval was made using a giant chipboard "O's" center-hole, then I mod-podged some nice K & Company pink paper. After it dried, I used a nail file (dedicated to crafting... and crafting emergencies!) to file the excess paper off, then rubbed with my Color Box Chalk.  Oh, also added some Viva dots in Cream.
  • The splatters were made using Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Victorian Velvet... I just daubed and even opened it open and dripped... fun.  Messy. Took a while to dry, FYI. I was surprised, but I guess that's acrylic for you. I'm so impatient.
  • I edged the card with Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown and added a hand-written greeting using a fine Prismacolor pen, doubled over.
  • The ribbon is from good ol' Martha.
So, I distressed this card fairly heavily-- it looks like it's been handled by smudgy kid-fingers... I think it works based on the subject.  One thing I'm noticing now is that the card is off-balance: the ribbon should either be on the other side, or I should have centered the cone and minimized the ribbon. Hindsight is 20/20. Sigh... I wish I was paid to do this! I'd spend tons of time re-making cards! :-)


4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, yummy, that looks like real ice cream, it's looking great with the splatters too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! So glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much, this makes me want an ice cream cone right NOW!

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ice cream cone looks so delicious it makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete