Anyway... BRASS TACKS:
My little card is a combo of the following two challenges:
And here's my card:
Supplies and notes:
- The sweet treat was made by using kraft, previously painted with some Liquid Leaf, for the cone, then topping it off with a scoop made using Aleene's brand glitter snow (it's wayyyy dimensional and moldable). Then I had to add some Stickles "sprinkles" in Ice.
- The oval was made using a giant chipboard "O's" center-hole, then I mod-podged some nice K & Company pink paper. After it dried, I used a nail file (dedicated to crafting... and crafting emergencies!) to file the excess paper off, then rubbed with my Color Box Chalk. Oh, also added some Viva dots in Cream.
- The splatters were made using Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Victorian Velvet... I just daubed and even opened it open and dripped... fun. Messy. Took a while to dry, FYI. I was surprised, but I guess that's acrylic for you. I'm so impatient.
- I edged the card with Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown and added a hand-written greeting using a fine Prismacolor pen, doubled over.
- The ribbon is from good ol' Martha.
So, I distressed this card fairly heavily-- it looks like it's been handled by smudgy kid-fingers... I think it works based on the subject. One thing I'm noticing now is that the card is off-balance: the ribbon should either be on the other side, or I should have centered the cone and minimized the ribbon. Hindsight is 20/20. Sigh... I wish I was paid to do this! I'd spend tons of time re-making cards! :-)