Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Oh, yeah, pass the mason jar!

It was a great day to scrap!  A friend requested a card, and I LOVE making cards for people to give!  First of all, I feel flattered when someone asks, and it makes me feel useful and helpful! The process is my favorite because it is a challenge to match up the card-giver's taste with what the occasion is, and maybe even the card-receiver's taste (if i know).  That is one of my favorite crafty-situations... a mission!

So today,  my awesome friend (much like a sister) asked for a card for a wedding. I was so excited about the request,  but composed myself  enough to ask the colors of the wedding and the "feel" of it... she said turquoise and that they were decorating with mason jars... SAY NO MORE.



So... I had made a card for RetroSketches #175 yesterday... it didn't turn out as I had envisioned, but either way I had the sketch in my little brain when I took on this wedding card.

Here's that sketch:


For the jar,  I used vellum and an embossing pen to write measurement lines and instead of writing "Ball" or another brand, I used to new couple's name! Bam! I embossed with clear embossing powder... so cool!  Pretty much feel awesome because I wasn't sure how it would turn out-- would the vellum burn?-- and it is totally cool... well, besides the rogue dark pieces of wax in my clear powder... rrrr...

I may make another run at pretty much this exact card,  but orient it like this:


Another thing I might do different is round the corners (Some? All?) of the kraft card.  Project for minana.

Here is a general list of supplies I used:
  • Truly vintage JC Penney's seam binding in beige (13 cents!) 
  • Want2Scrap pearls
  • BasicGrey paper
  • Custers Last Stamp clear embossing powder


No comments:

Post a Comment