Sunday, August 16, 2015

It's that time of the year... Back To School!

Bittersweet... I have always loved going back to school even as a student. Now I have mixed feelings-- as a mother of two school-aged children and as an employee of the schools! Back to routine, but also back to work.

So obviously working at the school, I have many teacher - friends. I look at this Addicted to CAS challenge  as an opportunity to make cards to greet them... Well, most of them! :) (Ahhh, the workplace is a funny thing...)





School supplies  (haha):

  • Crate Paper paper
  • Prima enamel dots
  • BG button
  • BG "6x6" punch-out 
  • Zig Emboss Writer with Stamp-n Stuff embossing powder (traced an apple from the BG punch-out sheet)
  • Color Box chalk in Creamy Brown 
  • Martha Stewart corner punch
  • Trusty fine-tip black sharpie for sentiment and to make the button a globe!

10 comments:

  1. This looks really cool. I like how you whitewashed the edges and added color with enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pia, I didn't note that I used Tim Holtz's Distress dauber in Picket Fence for the edges!!! I'm glad you like this card :-)

      Delete
    2. Pia, I didn't note that I used Tim Holtz's Distress dauber in Picket Fence for the edges!!! I'm glad you like this card :-)

      Delete
  2. Such a fun take on the Code Word, Mimi! I love the BG button and how you included a "math problem"...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry...I also meant to say ~ Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

      Delete
  3. Wow is that globe ever a super cool accent on your adorable card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card love that globe how clever. Glad you joined us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collage, Mimi! love the muted colours, the distressed edges and the globe! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at ATCAS. -Ksenija

    ReplyDelete