|Some masking... maybe not in the way we generally think of it, but
in this case, I masked a portion of the stamp off before I inked it.
|This shows the masked birdy. I used the ol' Post-It trick on the bird.
You can also see the stencil I made from Tim's Mixed Media die set.
I layered it for the background here... looks kind of trippy!
Supplies and notes:
- The bird stamp is Hero Arts, first stamped with ColorBox Coral then single-stamped into a Ranger Archival pad and stamped again with those great texture lines from the fabric on the stamp pad
- The plant is from The Stamp Pad Co., also inked with Ranger Black Archival (I think the plant is called Shepherd's purse, or at least it resembles that weed in the PNW...)
- The background was inked with DI in Peacock Feathers (details in caption above)
- The yellow tone behind the black plant is Scattered Straw DI stamped through a Prima flower stencil
- Target dollar bin and Amy Tangerine alphas stamped into Ranger Archival for the sentiment
- Additional stamps are by Bisous Zoo, mailed from Autumn, thanks! Don't use these nearly enough...
I will enter this into the following challenges:
- Inkspirational 111: Masking
- Seize the Birthday: Birds, Bees, Butterflies...
- Simon Says AG
- Try It On Tuesday: "I believe I can fly"
And I'll leave you with this bit of inspiration to clean your desks today!!! I took thus when I realized my workspace had been encroached from every direction! I plan to clean and I'll share a follow-up soon. Oh, the shame...