Here it is... along with some random close-ups. But looking at it in pictures, I can see things I want to add or change... rrr...
In my mind, I am going to display this at Sarah's bridal shower next weekend, but maybe I'll be too shy with all those people around that I don't know... but I do plan to give it to Sarah. I think it would be cute in an ocean-themed bathroom. Or a guest bedroom.
Supplies and notes:
- The base is a Kaisercraft lace-up card set... been in my stash for a while. First coated with Liquitex gesso.
- Next, Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain dabbed to the the top end. I spritzed with vodka to add a few droplets.
- Pebeo sand and Liquitex glass bead texture added
- The letters are from an old chipboard set... the packaging is long gone, but I believe it's a common brand like DCWV or Recollections. First, I added texture by stenciling some Teresa Collins modeling paste through a stencil made from Tim's mixed media dies. Once dry, I coated with gesso and inked with Iced Spruce and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. After that, Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint was wiped (with my finger) onto parts to better show the texture of the letters. In the end, I toook a page from Marzena's book and highlighted parts of the letters to make them stand out better-- I've noticed she does this, and though it is a simple method, it yields fantastic results! I used gesso. I glued the letters down with Elmer's craft bond.
- The clothy seaweed is made from Hand Made Modern (Target brand) canvas holiday pieces. This idea was taken Autumn's book-- I think it was she who recently used greenery for seaweed with fantastic results. I kind of thought about it and realized I'd seen it before. Wasn't that you, Autumn??? You're a stud. Anyway, I tried to coat it with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint, but I didn't have enough left :(, so I ended up just coating it with gesso (Ummm, Liquitex gesso kind of owned this project!)
- The crystal seaweed was originally some cool aquamarine glass bead sprays, but I inked them with Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Oregano... perfect for seaweed! I curled a few of the wire ends with a dowel.
- The sea-star was made with an old Prima flower from my stash... turned upside-down and covered with the Liquitex glass bead gel... hmmm... could definitely improve upon this, but it has potential. I also thought maybe I'd cover it with the Pebeo sand paste, but then it would match, ahem, the sand... but I could do that and add a little rosy paint... my wheels are turnin'...
- Seashells from my sister, who bought them to use at Sarah's bachelorette-- they never got used and I swiped them! I plan to use them for wedding decorations somehow. These ones got a few drops of Glossy Accents as water droplets on them.
- Liquid Pearls were added in Rose Gold and plain white pearl
- Aleena's glitter snow added to the top and top corners to resemble sea foam
- The piece was laced up using some cool yarn from Tuesday morning
I'd like to share this at the following challenges:
Now, off to go watch The Little Mermaid.