|Image with gratuitous texture!
|What a difference lighting makes...
|The panel up to the addition of Frayed Burlap DI
|Extreme close-up showing my imperfect sealing...
|This just looked so pretty with the sunlight on it... had to take a pic...
|Ewwww... unforgiving lighting! Sloppy sealing!
Here are his graphics of the July remix:
Supplies and notes:
The watercolor resist technique:
- Started with a panel of watercolor paper and inked an Invoke Arts stamp with Archival
- Painted the Invoke image with various DIs on the craft sheet, including Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles, Forest Moss, Tea Dye... I also added splashes of Tarnished Brass and Antique Bronze Distress Stains for the crowns
- In order to seal, I used Distress Collage Medium in Matte... totally imperfect...
- Heat-dried and then sprayed with Distress Stain in Pumice Stone. Oh man: it totally bled under my sealed image and I was worried... but then I hit it with the heat tool and it settled down... thankfully...
- Next, I went around the edges of the panel with Frayed Burlap DI and sprinkled a little water for some visual interest
- Also added some speckles per Tim's suggestion with an old metallic marker. Very subtle, but I like it.
- Sooo... for the background "word layer" I used Tim's Mixed Media thinlit that I thought would fit the best. I cut into some centurian music paper and folded it around the watercolor panel, then affixed it on the backside with 7 Gypsies masking tape.
- Because I liked the look of Tim's technique, I kind of did my own thing to achieve it by writing "love" with a Pebeo Relief Outliner
- The knocked out pieces of the lattice die became butterflies, adhered with Glossy Accents
- Stickles in Black Diamond are the butterfly bodies and a casually-drawn border
- The hanging apparatus is True Hemp metallic twine
- I also added some Pebeo Relief Outliner in clear glitter to the mermaid wings
I'd also like to share this at Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday: Things With Wings. The mermaids have wings, and so do the butterflies. At one point the entire tag had wings but I didn't like them... I think I might make wings I like for it in the future... for now, the card itself does not fly!