I know that butterflies are many people's "thing"-- I do love them and appreciate them as a life form, but they are not necessarily my "thing" like birds or trees... however, when I started digging through my stash, I was surprised to find all kinds of snippets and a few stamps of butterflies! My focal, however, is a stencil:
- Butterfly stencil by Heidi Swapp
- Stencil placed on Strathmore watercolor paper and sprinkled with Color Bursts. Cut out when dry.
- Background is also Strathmore watercolor paper. I used the butterfly mask that came with the stencil and applied Finnabair clear crackle paste around it (not my fave, so I am trying to use it up so I can try the Liquitex brand).
- I then sprayed the panel with Dylusions in Pure Sunshine and inked it with Festive Berries DI through an old Heidi Swapp basket weave stencil
- I used a Signo white pen (that I am babying because it is low) for the border
- Sentiment written with white Liquitex gesso
- Butterfly popped up with 3M dimensional adhesive
...and just in case you are interested in the soothing sounds of 1980...: