Tuesday, April 24, 2018

SOS: Mythical and magical!

Happy Tuesday, all!  This week at Shopping Our Stash, Donna is our hostess, and she is encouraging us to create a project with a Mythical or Magical flavor!

Some ideas: mermaids, bigfoot, unicorns, the Loch Ness monster, fairies, flying pigs... (my daughter added that last one, but I'm down!  Sounds magical to me!)

Here is my mermaid:



Supplies:

  • All papers on this card were scraps of three types of paper-- it didn't show up in real life as much in pictures, but each scrap is actually a different hue of white, darnit.
  • The background panel was colored using Color Bursts through a Heidi Swapp stencil, probably two years old
  • The cheesecloth was just a scrap
  • I drew the mermaid a few months ago... her hands look all funky, but oh well.  It was never planned to go on a card-- it was just doodling.  I painted her with various DIs and added Pebeo relief glitter to her hair.
  • Stickles added on her eyes and lips
  • The circle diecut was in my pre-cut container (blank CD cases) and written with a waterbrush in Color Bursts
I hope you are now thinking of magical and mythical things, and meet us over at Shopping Our Stash!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I KNEW you drew this amazing mermaid!! Your card is all kinds of fabulous! WOW! (also, I did a facepalm when reading about flying pigs. Why didn't I think of that?!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww MAN! you DREW THAT MERMAID!!!!!!! and here i secretly came over here to find out WHOSE STAMP that was so i could look for it!!! YOWZA missus, you are toooooooo flippin' clever & talented! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card and I like that you drew your mermaid yourself; she's lovely! I like, too, that you've so creatively used up your scrap pieces to such wonderful effect. And that bit of cheesecloth? The perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi, your doodling Mermaid is gorgeous!!! what a talent to be able to draw your own images so beautifully.
    Love all the details and texture, especially the cheese cloth, it gives this a very soft nautical feel.
    Awesome card, my dear.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete