Friday, April 13, 2018

Simple striped resist birthday

I need to make more like this-- I love the strong vertical layout.


Supplies:

  • I believe this is Recollections resist paper in the background painted with Loew Cornell watercolors
  • The "Happy Birthday" was written over a month before this card was made, and it was visible on my desk-- matched perfectly!  What a happy marriage on this card!  I believe I wrote this using a Jane Davenport brush pen with Chipped Sapphire and Pine Needles DI.
  • I popped up the greeting with 3M dimensional adhesive 
Like I said: I really want to make more like this-- especially in gender-neutral colors!  Great to have on hand for anyone.

I'll share this with the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Loving those colours,reminds me of the beach. Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. The white is so pretty with those gorgeous blues. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us for our "All Occasions Challenge" this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Great technique. I love the vertical panel and how it dominates the card. Love the blues too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you've used for your card, Mimi! The combinations really let the emboss resist show and compliment each other as well. What a lovely piece of writing in that sentiment! Very serendipitous that the colour matched your panel. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background. The watercolour resist is such a striking technique. Great hand-writing on your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background, great colour choice. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete