The current challenge theme is Mythical, and here is the project I'm sharing:
I had actually made a few different projects for this challenge, but after I saw the image below via BBC News, I was like, "Oh, now that's what I'm going for!":
|Source: BBC News, photo by Patrik Stollarz/AFP|
- Unicorn gal drawn with a Micron pen
- Parts of a Dyan Reaveley star stamp used for the background using Distress embossing ink and Stamp-n-stuff EP in Winter Wonderland (white with silver sparkles)
- Image watercolored using various DIs
- Finetec metallic watercolor pan set used to accent the horn and add some detail to the girl's makeup
- Colorbok stars from a set my mom sent me a few years ago-- they are so mirrored that of course it is hard to get a good image!
- The white mat in the background is a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper with the birthday sentiment brushed using a Jane Davenport waterbrush in multiple DOxs.
- Recollections purple cardstock as the rear-most layer
Your unicorn gal looks like she is having a lot of fun and makes me smile too! I love the purple hair and your artsy watercoloring. Thanks for being an inspiring GD at Inkspirational!ReplyDelete
I love how you got your inspiration from real life. She's fabulously drawn and the colours are really dreamy, especially the watercolour washes. The stars give it such liveliness and fun. Thanks for being a fabulous GD at Inkspirational.ReplyDelete
Wonderful to see the real photo inspired you and you really captured that very cool hair. So good to have you as GD xReplyDelete
Well Ms. Mimi, I saw your awesome card over at the Inkspirational challenge and I love it!!! Colorful and fun and with your classic, fabulous style.ReplyDelete
How fabulous that you took inspiration from that fun picture, you totally nail this challenge.
Congratulations on being the Guest Designer and I'll see you in the gallery.
How fantastic! Great vivid colors and the stars are great... very mythical! Congrats on the DT position. Great having you design with us at Inkspirational!ReplyDelete
LOVE the rainbow ears! Such a great image for our Mythical theme. Thanks for guesting with us at Inkspirational. xxReplyDelete