Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wicked Wednesday...




Briefly: I prepared the background with a gesso'd ATC of cardboard, plus some surplus modeling paste (Teresa Collins) through a Tim Holtz StampAnon stencil. The top portion was sprayed with Dylusions in London Blue, and the bottom was Cut Grass.  It almost looks turquoise, but that's just the way it absorbed into the gesso. The butterfly was a cheap chipboard die-cut, gesso'd, then sprayed with Pure Sunshine, then plastered with Ranger Crackle Accents. Once dry, I sprayed with Lemon Zest. Yellow flowers from my stash. Bluebells made from Wilton stamen sprayed with more Dylusions. The beads glued to the bottom were from MONIKA, thank you!  The quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson. 

Xo. 

6 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike with those wonderful bluebells. Springaliscious design and flowers! That butterfly is scrumptious and your stencil work is stunning! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi, I got the bluebells at JoAnnes in their Clearance section for like $0.69. It was a good find! I am not very good at making flowers. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Perfect layers and colours, a gorgeous and unique ATC. The ground with the flowers and beads is stunning, I want to examine it close up ! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaay!!!!!wooooww and aahhhh....I luuuuvv this mixed media project MIMI
    looveee what you made
    ok may I ask you
    is this for someone (I did not read your text sorry run to cards of you on your post hehe)
    if this is not for someone I would love to have and will put on my craft room this is sooo beautiful dear Mimi
    you are amazing card maker darling
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite pieces of yours. The texture, the beads and flowers and whole dimension, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner, Mimi.LOVE that colour combo.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete