Friday, April 15, 2016

Viva + Corrosive

How cute is this?




I used the current Viva La Verve sketch:


Supplies and notes:

  • A couple library cards for the panels
  • For the rear due-date card, I just left it as-is
  • For the front library card, I pasted 'er with Teresa Collins modeling paste through a Tim/StampAnon stencil (Honeycomb)
  • After modeling paste dried, I used my Loew Cornel watercolors (as I always say, this palette is older than my kids... it always brings back good memories of college nights, drinking with one of my BFF's and painting late into the knight)
  • The horse and hearts are Colorbok dies from my momma
  • Sequins from my stash
  • I haven't decided if this will go to my friend's daughter [ironically, the BFF that I wrote about's daughter] or to a woman who helps me in the library-- she is so girlie and she loves horses, so I have yet to add a sentiment
  • Oh, also smooshed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist onto the actual card for a nice touch to the background
I plan to share this at the following challenges:
I haven't played with either of these challenges in a while-- I'm glad to.  I love these here parts of Blogland.


5 comments:

  1. honey comb modeling paste is cool effeect it gave many texture on your creation Mimi I love this and the horse so cute
    Momma so nice to gave you this
    My Moma never buy anything for my hobby she is so far away in Indonesia and my hobby starte 2009 as I am already settle married and living in Germany
    luck duck you are Mimi :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty with the texture and the ultra girly colors. Who will get it? Decisions, decisions... Or you could make another similar one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.
    MY.
    GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (...pretty sure i'm speechless right now...)
    (...first time in 50 years...)
    (...just sayin...)
    (if i could speak, i'd definitely say, "YOWZA!!!" tho!!!)
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how pretty! Love the water colors and texture paste. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete