The quote comes from a Steve Earle song: Creepy Jackalope Eye. I found it while looking for jackalope information for this tag... what a funky song! Definitely very '90s. It has the sound of some of that alternative rock/par-grunge... kind of Presidents of the United States (remember "Peaches"?) My favorite bands from this era (to this day) are The Breeders, The Toadies, and The Pixies. Back in the day, I did a lot of The Cranberries and Stone Temple Pilots... and Beck! And of course that's when my generation found love for The Beatles and Led Zepplin, Aerosmith and The Steve Miller Band. Ahhh, memory lane... What were you listening to in the 1990s?
Brief supplies list:
- Golden jackalope from a Maggie Holmes diecut pack
- Library card base with Dylusions in Vibrant Turquoise and Perfect Pearls in gold over a Heidi Swapp stencil
- Quote typed on typewriter on gold vellum, but I wrote over top in pencil because the type was faint on the vellum
- The jackalope's non-creepy eye is a gem from an antique piece of jewelry, glued on with glossy accents
- The diamond strands were bought in bulk from my FAVE scrapbook store called Paradise Scrapbook Boutique
- The gold wire is Darice
I plan to enter this into Tuesday Throwdown #288: Furry Friends.