I painted these Dina Wakley birds like zebra finches. These are both male, however, because of the cheek patch. Maybe father and son. I had zebra finches in college named Johnny and June, and they had babies right in my apartment! They had a son and a daughter, and I named them Rosie and Pedro (based on patron saints of when they were born or something...) Well, I couldn't run a finch farm and study forestry, so I gave my best friend, Sarah, the females. I kept Johnny and Pedro. So maybe this is a picture of them... yeah, yeah... that's it!
Here's the challenge graphic for the CAS Mix-up this month:
Supplies and notes:
- As mentioned, Johnny and Pedro is a Dina Wakley stamp [stamp component]
- MementoLuxe ink in Tuxedo Black
- Loew Cornel watercolors ["my choice" component]
- Ranger Transparent Texture Paste through a Martha Stewart stencil [stencil component]
- ... all on a library catalog card base
- What you can't see is the easel adhered to the back, which is a die-cut by Tim and Sizzix. I've said it before, but I love my easel die. I love functional, and this thing is functional!
So, no sentiment here. I may come up with the perfect quote for this, but for now, it is just a cute reminder of past pets.