Monday, September 7, 2015

VLV: Week 1 of September

I love this week's sketch!

Viva La Verve's first sketch of September  originally had me thinking "doily," but I had been playing with my new fave thing (modeling paste) and had lots of extra paste, so I "pasted up" lots of different scraps... these stars were all born with no intention of using them together.  But it worked out that they'll live together on a card after all!

Here's the sketch:

And here is my little 5x6.5" card:



Supplies and notes:
  • An old encyclopedia page
  • BG paper
  • Tim Holtz button with True Hemp bow
  • K & Company paper tape (the grey chevrons...)
  • Teresa Collins modeling paste over a Heidi Swapp stencil.  Then I used Custer's Last Stamp embossing powder in silver over the wet paste on the encyclopedia page, then heated... Kind of bubbled a little, but I'm really impressed that a) the old paper didn't wrinkle or warp much, and b) the embossing powder seems even more metallic than when used with standard embossing ink.  Will definitely experiment with this more!



1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Love the soft colors and silvery accents. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete