Today gave another old library card a new lease on life! (You can buy library cards at the Kraft Journal store). Be sure to peep the title on mine...
Here's the card, and if you like "clever," check out my supplies and notes below!
Supplies and notes:
- Sooo, maybe you already realized, but my little pumpkins are hot-air balloons! As I was awake last night, it struck me to do that! And I've always thought the gulls on the same Delta stencil looked like bats, so BAM! I used Tim Holtz's Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot for those.
- Colors done with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink pads: Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, and Seedless Preserves. Sprayed with a Mini Mister for sky-interest. Tapped the edges with Black Soot for dimension.
- The vines and leaves are from generic flower bundles... twisted the wire around a toothpick. Tapped the leaves with Black Soot paint.
- Viva pearl pen in Anthracite for pumpkin design, Liquid Pearls in gold pearl for bat eyes (my fave part of the whole card), and Stickles in Black Diamond for bat details.
- There is some faint reverse-stenciling on the library card from accidental inking in the past-- but it's perfect!
Pretty stoked on this. .. now I want to make a spookier card!
Cheers! It's FREAKING FRIDAY!!!!