Friday, September 25, 2015

The Kraft Journal Challenge #242 is...

...ANYTHING GOES... PUMPKINS!

Today gave another old library card a new lease on life!  (You can buy library cards at the Kraft Journal store).  Be sure to peep the title on mine...

Here's the card,  and if you like "clever," check out my supplies and notes below!



Supplies and notes:
  • Sooo, maybe you already realized, but my little pumpkins are hot-air balloons! As I was awake last night,  it struck me to do that! And I've always thought the gulls on the same Delta stencil looked like bats, so BAM! I used Tim Holtz's Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot for those. 
  • Colors done with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink pads: Spiced Marmalade,  Crushed Olive, and Seedless Preserves. Sprayed with a Mini Mister for sky-interest. Tapped the edges with Black Soot for dimension.
  • The vines and leaves are from generic flower bundles... twisted the wire around a toothpick. Tapped the leaves with Black Soot paint. 
  • Viva pearl pen in Anthracite for pumpkin design, Liquid Pearls in gold pearl for bat eyes (my fave part of the whole card), and Stickles in Black Diamond for bat details.
  • There is some faint reverse-stenciling on the library card from accidental inking in the past-- but it's perfect! 
Pretty stoked on this. .. now I want to make a spookier card! 

Cheers! It's FREAKING FRIDAY!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! What a sweet card. I love your technique, and I'm so grateful that you've stopped by to share in our Pumpkin Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and please stop by again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    P.S. I'd absolutely LOVE to have you stop by and share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. We love having new participants, and I hope you will join us.
    Karen Letchworth, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever! I love to see how people use what's in their stash, I would never have come up with the idea of an air balloon being able to be turned into a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun and unique fall creation. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete