Monday, September 21, 2015

Simon Says... It's Monday! Stamp and hop!

Omg, head cold and/or allergies got me down! Wah. So I'm playing sick (well, I am sick,  I just decided to act sick instead of pushing through!  Yeah, I could have handled staying at work all day,  but nobody wants to see me blowing my nose,  coughing,  and wondering if I'm contagious...)

Sooo... wasn't feeling super-creative, but started fooling around with inks on a scrap-paper and decided I should make a Catrina tag.


The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is to use a stamp and blog-hop. Perfect for a day like today! (Who am I kidding-- sounds perfect any day, whether sick or well, snowed-in or on a beach in Hawaii!)

Supplies and notes:
  • Catrina comes from Invoke's Catrina Paper Doll set.  I stamped her with Tim Holtz's Distress embossing ink, then embossed her with Recollections Ebony embossing powder 
  • I used the following Distress ink pads to stamp and mist on plastic, then smudge post-Catrina: Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Seedless Preserves.  After I wiped the excess moisture off and dried the tag,  I put a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop over top and sprayed with water to draw up some extra color.  Can you see some vertical stripes and spots above Catrina's head?  Oh, I also barely sprayed with some Harvest Orange Glimmer Mist
  • I used Black Soot for the edges
  • "La Catrina" is spelled out using Glitz Design stickers
  • The polka-dot Washi is from K & Company 
  • The ribbon and trim are from my stash!
Have fun hopping!


2 comments:

  1. What a cool stamp! Wonderful tag. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sandra, what a cool stamp!
    Hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete