Sooo... wasn't feeling super-creative, but started fooling around with inks on a scrap-paper and decided I should make a Catrina tag.
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to use a stamp and blog-hop. Perfect for a day like today! (Who am I kidding-- sounds perfect any day, whether sick or well, snowed-in or on a beach in Hawaii!)
Supplies and notes:
- Catrina comes from Invoke's Catrina Paper Doll set. I stamped her with Tim Holtz's Distress embossing ink, then embossed her with Recollections Ebony embossing powder
- I used the following Distress ink pads to stamp and mist on plastic, then smudge post-Catrina: Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Seedless Preserves. After I wiped the excess moisture off and dried the tag, I put a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop over top and sprayed with water to draw up some extra color. Can you see some vertical stripes and spots above Catrina's head? Oh, I also barely sprayed with some Harvest Orange Glimmer Mist
- I used Black Soot for the edges
- "La Catrina" is spelled out using Glitz Design stickers
- The polka-dot Washi is from K & Company
- The ribbon and trim are from my stash!
Have fun hopping!