Sunday, September 6, 2015

MFT Color Challenge #28

Well, I didn't expect to get the My Favorite Things Color Challenge # 28 in this fortnight, but I saw a tutorial on blending modeling paste with acrylic paint,  and I went to try it,  and lo and behold: my top paints were:

Uh... can you say PERFECTO? 


So here's what I came up with using the paints above mixed with Teresa Collins modeling paste and Heidi Swapp stencils:

Card #1:

 Card #2:

Card #3 (incomplete):

Last night after I made these,  I was browsing the entries and I saw a card using a similar stenciling technique with a very similar stencil ... peep Monica's card #20! So I commented on her card (we were on the same wavelength!) And decided I'd post the dissimilar card!

3 comments:

  1. Can't judge card number 3 but it looks like you're on good way to create something beautiful:)
    Spots and chevrons, my favorite patterns, and I'm unable to decide on a favorite, they both are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool stenciling for sure! Great use of these colors together--these projects all came together swimmingly. Plus, I love that you used the word: Fortnight. :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge Mimi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, great job with the stencils and modeling paste! I'm partial to the first card because I adore polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete