Monday, September 7, 2015

Runway + Virginia's= booyah-kachah!

This is my first entry into two new challenges:

Virginia's View #18:

Runway Inspired Challenge #91:






And here is my little (literally... A2...) creation:


Supplies and notes:
  • Used heavy white Core'dinations cardstock and sprayed Tim Holtz Distress spray in Black soot over a Heidi Swapp stencil for the background
  • Punched Core'dinations and K & Company paper with Fiskars punches for hexagon
  • The "Choose Happy" hex was from a Heidi Swapp die-cut kit... It's popped up with dimensional adhesive
So funny: my husband saw this card and loved it! :)


5 comments:

  1. Taking a fashion photo and turning it into a successful card design can't be easy but you've achieved it! I had to come and reply to your kind comment on my "giant octopus". Of course I didn't see it until you told me but now... that's all I can see! Quite funny really... Hope you can join us in a game of Tic Tac Toe at Vintage Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look feels contemporary and youthful, a masculine design that would also fit a teenager. I love making male cards, but teenaged boys aren't exactly the easiest ones to make fitting cards for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Mimi ... the bold hexagons are fabulous against the delicate grid background ... what a brilliant take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hexagons were just the perfect choice for your card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Geometric Patterns” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete