Friday, September 18, 2015

NBUS #5... another. ..

**THIS IS THE ORIGINAL POST FROM MY ORIGINAL NBUS CARD THAT GOT ATTACKED BY ANOTHER MEAN CARD... INCLUDING IT BECAUSE MUCH OF WHAT I SAID WAS WORTH SAYING**

Awesome: I just found Djkardkreations and her NBUS Challenge last week... OMG, I love the concept of busting out unused and neglected crafty items!  I always try to go through my supplies fairly, but some things... well, you all know.

What's cool is that since this challenge has been on my radar,  I've redoubled my efforts to use the neglected or virgin supplies, and it is so sarisfying! I've now used all kinds of things in the past week that have either never been used,  or have hardly been used... or that I'm amazed I still even have!

One such item was this old (like, 1999-ish) Provo Craft stencil with camping-type pics... soooo cheesy!  But I looked at it with new eyes and here is the result:

I love the holidays (ummm, like alllll holidays), but I don't seem to make many individual Xmas cards. This will be good to have on hand for, like, co-worker gifts...

For this card, I used a stamp that had never touched oxygen, let alone ink. Definitely not my style-fave, but I do like it.  And other people might like it... i.e.: it's an easy card to have around.



Supplies and notes:

  • Core'dinations kraft paper-- was flimsy, so I did the old quarter-fold.
  • I sprayed the underside of the card with Tim Holtz's Distress spray in Picket Fence, then used the edge of the Provo Craft stencil as the hill
  • Tim Holtz's Distress ink pad in Forest Moss daubed over the Provo Craft tree using a blending tool 
  • Generic (also virgin) sentiment stamped using Tim's Distress embossing ink with Stamp-n Stuff embossing powder in Red Tinsel
  • Twine 
  • Color Box Archival Dye inks in Coral and Glacier Lake. Used my Mini Mister to yield the watercolor effect on the virgin stamp.
  • Ranger Liquid Pearls 
  • Wilton flower stamen for butterfly antennae
  • Core'dinations cardstock and kraft
  • Chipboard butterfly from probably a K & Company packet


No comments:

Post a Comment