I was inspired by this card by Ingvild Bolme for color and layout:
- Watercolor paper inked with DI in Peacock Feathers and Scattered Straw
- Tim's Ledger Script stamp inked with his Mixed Media pad in Vintage Photo stamped randomly across the background
- Heidi Swapp stencil inked with Gathered Twigs DI then sprayed and slapped on top as a monorint
- White Liquitex gesso smeared around the edges then a layer of Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence added to a few spots with a thin-strip of an old giftcard. Later I touched up the Crackle because the Gathered Twigs bled in an unflattering manner... you know: pinkish-brown. Yucky.
- Twine was wrapped around my thrift-store bingo card score a few weeks ago.
- The angel was another thrift-store find, at a different store.
- The flowers are from three sources: Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and the big auction (flea market) in Roseville, CA... Denio's!
- Stamen by Wilton
- Tim's Mini Holiday Greens cut the the gold pine boughs peeking out... cut from Tim's metallic kraft-core
- Doily is by Wilton, dipped in Vintage Photo and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains. I then scrunched the doily to make it more of an oval to frame the angel. (Up to this point, I planned to adhere this to a card... but I just couldn't. I decided to add the remaining thrift twine as a hanging apparatus, and I'm totally pleased with this decision!)
I'll share this at Anything But Cute:I also want to share at STAMPlorations November Mixed Media challenge/stencil Sunday:
Super cool! Love the rust paired with the gorgeous background and beautiful flower layers. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, AutumnReplyDelete
This is so pretty! I just love the rusty angel, she looks amazing against the beautiful background you created! Thank you for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne xxReplyDelete
Ah! Ah! This looks gorgeous. The angel looks aged, a bit gingerbread like too, she's beautiful and you decorated her so well. And I love the doily detail and frilly look here. A favorite piece!ReplyDelete
Beautiful tag! Love all the textures and the doily. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Good Luck! :-)ReplyDelete
What a lovely creation - Thank you for joining us for the November Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPLorations!ReplyDelete
So pretty. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations MixedMefia challenge. Carol DT xReplyDelete
Oh wow, this is stunning!! The rusty angel is amazing!! I love the design and the details you added!! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our Rustic Glam challenge!!ReplyDelete
A Mermaid's Crafts