Thursday, March 3, 2016

Two bright ones

I LOVE the looks of these! The bold colors of Dio De Los Muertos and the bright funky thread elicit a portion of the Mexican culture that has always appealed to my aesthetics.



Supplies and notes:
  • Both library bases were sprayed with various shades of Dylusions ink
  • The trim came from Tuesday Morning (shout out to Autumn at Sew.Paper.Paint for turning me on to that place!), and I just sort of loosely dotted Elmer's Craft Bond where the balls would end up. This gives each card such an awesome loose and much more dimensional look.
  • The quotes were typed on my old typewriter, and the top one, as you can see, is outlined with a fine sea-green Sharpie (the Signature line?)
  • I'll keep the birthday one in my stash at the school, and the Buddha quote will go to my friend Judi who is such a great person and values all good people.  I think she'll really appreciate this quote.
I plan to enter these into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. yeay you have pompom colorfull cooool
    I only have in white and blue boring
    this is cool and lovely colorful project Mimi
    did you made a card or a book mark I am sorry because in Germany I never seen library card Mimi
    please inform me then I will not wrong to comment next time
    I am in a hurry must bring my son to Taekwondo hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever and fun design! Love both of them! I sure appreciate you joining us over at Seize the Birthday for Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards with great design and colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibrant, vivid, fresh, fun...and most definitely innovative! I'll be looking at library cards with a fresh perspective...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are brilliant, Mimi! So unique and so colorful!! It's really hard to stop staring at them in delight!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. So totally different from the beautiful nighthawk piece, but just by looking at these I find myself feeling lots more cheerful and energetic, which isn't a bad thing, it's quite busy here and so grey and dull outside. We got snow, again, argh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and cheerful! So glad you shared them at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

  8. ​I saw ​your colorful project linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome project! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete