If you ever check in on me, you know I am a big fan of birds. How do you guys like these cuties? None of these are native to my area, and I have never seen any of them in real life. But aren't they so cute? Look at how awesome the Blackburnian looks? I keep thinking that little orange bishop is a Le Conte's... also non-native to my area, but I have seen one who had lost it's way and ended up in Arcata, CA about 12 years ago.
Anyway, how do you like my little notes? Get it?: Overdue? Check you out? !!! (My hubs would say, "dorkis malorkis.")
- Library catalog index cards and old due date cards in the background
- Background of cards daubed with Distress Inks in Rusted Hinge and Scattered Straw through Tim's SA Honeycomb stencil. Well, the orange bishop's card had a monoprint from the aftermath of daubing, but then I made a little puddle and painted a few hexagons.
- Birds cut from my craft-copy of National Geographic's field guide to birds of North America
- Sentiments typed on typewriter
- Splatters made using the Distress Inks on my mat with some water, then flicked with a paint brush
I plan to share at Try It On Tuesday: nature, as my second entry. I'm a pretty big outdoorswoman. This is "my jam."