Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dreamy...and a tree card

I am IN LOVE with these cards.  My kids would make fun of me for saying that, but it's kind of how I feel.  





First, let me give credit where credit is due: I got the idea to do this from Sweet Kobylkin's post last month.  OMG, check her out.  Everything this woman churns out is absolutely fantastic.  She is like a one-woman Hallmark.  She might be part wizard.  Anyway, I used her idea of masking between a torn sheet, but then I tried to go my own way with the spots and splatter.

I love the way these turned out, and actually did over four. (I say "over four" because some are only partially made :) )

Supplies:
  • Various Distress Inks.  For the cards above, I used Scattered Straw + Spiced Marmalade, and Evergreen Bough + Broken China
  • Various stamps stamped in MementoLuxe 
  • I actually ran these through the typewriter for the sentiment... it was scary because I didn't want to mess up the card, but I knew the look I wanted, and I was not disappointed.  This is 110# paper, and the old typewriter punched it like a letterpress (my latest fantasy purchase... anybody have one they want to sell?)  I actually cut a large thin envelope to sheath most of the card as I ran each through.  Saved it from some old typewriter grime.
I'd like to play with the current Try It On Tuesday challenge: NATURE. My tree card makes me feel so in love with forestry, the same as I felt all those years ago.  Sigh. 

10 comments:

  1. All your cards are stunning, but the trees in the forest are incredible. I can just imagine I am there as the sun begins to set in the sky. It's a wonderful nature inspired beauty. And I love that typewriter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card with lovely tree

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but beautiful Mimi..you know my fav one is the tree one...great color combo and looks CAS Mimi..
    Happy Thursday
    Hugs.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right to be proud of these! Fabulous design idea, ultra clean, elegant and with fab splatter detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely tree card with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly FABULOUS technique and thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Love the spattering! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards, my favorite is the tree card, so expressive simple but stylish.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete