So... look what I made!
|This is my fave part!|
Supplies and notes:
- The base is a remnant of the old mill siding we used in siding the craft shack
- The nails are from the original siding
- The arrow is a Tim Holtz piece, inked for another project with Stream Adirondack alcohol ink
- The hanging apparatus is extra chicken wire from the spring battle with the squirrels, affixed with E-3000
- The label frame was pried off an old cubby shelf in the mill yard... husband pried a bunch off for me and I love to use them. It is truly attached with E-3000 glue, but I used snipped Recollections brads in place of nails
- The bird and heart were cut from some Spellbinders Media Mixage Copper Sheets. I traced the bird from a Sibley calendar and cut it out with utility scissors. Then I used a little hammer to hammer them... so cute! I edged both with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Brilliant Turquoise.
- The label is from the calendar. I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and a bit of white Liquitex gesso. The clear acetate over it is from Prima, and I inked it a bit with Gold Adirondack mixative
I love that this is functional art! It is so satisfying to me to meet a need!
I'd like to share this at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge: August