Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Halloween on Xmas...

We can live like Jack and Sally if you want, 
where you can always find me, and 
we'll have Halloween on Christmas... 
-Blink-182,  I miss you

This creepy couple is out for a holiday stroll.  The box was made for the current Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday Challenge: "It's hip to be square."

My hubs said, "if we ever renew our vows, can we have this on our cake?"
Love him!


This just shows the dimension of the Stickles stars and the lovely snow...
and the inky moon! 

...and just so it isn't for naught, here's the cool back.  I think I should add the
Blink-182 quote to the back...

Supplies:
  • Packing kraft used to build the box,  coated with Liquitex black gesso
    • A hemi-circle added inside box for the base
  • Human figurines are a mini wedding couple painted with Liquitex black and white gesso
  • Moon created using various Ranger alcohol inks on photo paper, cut with a Fiskars punch and doodled with a fine black Sharpie
  • Tree is from after-holiday sale, coated with black gesso and rolled in Tim's Distress Glitter in Black Soot
  • Aleene's glitter snow along top and bottom of box
  • Black Diamond Stickles used to create subtle stars in background
  • All trim from my stash, affixed with Glossy Accents 
XO!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Mimi! The snow and sparkle looks lovely and I love the big inky moon.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how you come up with all your ideas, but I love this ultra non traditional piece. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I for sure love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mimi! First, thank you for your recent visit to my blog, your sweet comment, and for following me! I am now following you as well. I'm so happy to see such a fun project on your blog, and that your hubby appreciates your artwork so much! LOL SO CUTE! definitely a cake topper! why wait for renewing your vows! Maybe sooner, for a special or fun occasion. It's fantastic! Thanks for sharing all the photos to show the dimension and products. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the film Nightmare before christmas yay
    this is a perfect one Mimi
    love the idea and the black and white
    you are sooo creative sweety
    I try to cath up..
    just info for you sweety...I visit today all my blogland friend (I try my best) cause not so easy to blogging because my mom keeping me busy cooking Indonesian food hehehe
    but we are happy in the kitchen
    Have a great day Mimi and see you around on my new Post (SMILE)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me giggle and smile with this super fun creation! Your husband is spot-on, this would make a terrific cake topper but you might have some explaining to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I agree with your DH as well. Gorgeous and mysterious design and details. Your use of the sticklers to highlight everything is wonderous. Fantabulous and awesome sauce! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete