This week at SOS we are asking you to...
TRY SOMETHING NEW!
Some of us like to try new things, and some of us need a push... so either way, we all win! It's time!
Here's my tag, in which my newly-tried technique was to add tissue texture:
|This is my stash of remnant trim, ribbon, and string... anytime I cut excess, it goes in here.|
Supplies and notes:
- Library card base coated with matte Mod Podge, then some tissue from my youngster's back-to-school shoes crinkled on. (I have glued tissue on to tags before, but this time I really focused on the texture I was creating...)
- Once dry, the excess tissue was trimmed away and I went to work with Tim's Distress Crayons... did not have a plan, just colored and smeared
- The blue portion was added last by lightly dabbing Broken China Distress Stain onto the open spots
- The heart was just lying on my desk in a stack-- the results of a Fiskars punch into a failed inky panel (by the way, the ink is Dylusions). It was accented with white Liquitex gesso and popped up with dimensional tape over one of Tim's arrows... I love this part.
- An under-utilized stash item (Pebeo Relief Liner in clear glitter) was used to outline the sun's rays and parts of the heart
- The hanging apparatus is 100% stash also, made using a scrap of Tim's Eclectic Elements fabric, which I braided with a few strands of red thread and attached with Recollections brads
- The quote... ahhhh... the quote is from a library catalog card from a choose-your-own-adventure type book based on Stars Wars. How wonderful is that?