Friday, August 19, 2016

Sending Love

I do love the heart with wings...


Supplies and notes:

  • The art panel is a scrap of packaging that had a layer of Teresa Collins modeling paste through a Tim Holtz Honeycomb stencil 
  • Distress Crayons were colored and smeared  using my fingers... so fun...
  • The sentiment was written  (rather sloppily) with a Tombow brush marker 
  • The ink splatters are an Andrea Ockey-Parr/Snapping Monsters stamp in Ranger Archival 
  • The print is from an unmounted Fiskars stamp inked with Ranger Archival and just pressed into spots
Here is another panel made during the same session:

These were so fun... I hope to do more soon! 

I'd like to share them at the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Love your two panels, but I'm a sucker for a winged heart! Great use of Distress Crayons over the honeycomb texture. Thankyou for sharing your work with us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches for sharing your beautiful pieces with us at TIOT this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so artsy and fun, with these colors and the finish they remind me of glass painted windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Distress Crayons! So fun that we're both playing with crazy mixed mediums! I totally flopped and got the neutral set and think the browns look like pooh. Gross! Like the black and still wonder why they made a white or skin color. Hate those buys you regret... But your colored sticks - genius for your quirky fun style! These are AAAAH mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I saw. Your link on the Mixed Media card challenge site. I love looking at entries and yours stood out! Very nice. Dorlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your cards!!! especially the first one cought my eye at the gallery! glad you joined us at MMCC this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I can see another beauties made with crayons! I guess I should buy this set too! If it gives so pretty results, I have to try it. Thank you for the inspiration. I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete