Sunday, August 28, 2016

Primary School

When I hear the word "primary," I think of it in botanical terms, i.e. primary growth. For this project, however, I am playing on the word by two more common uses: school and colors.


Supplies:

  • I used a stencil cut from a stamp by Andrea of Snapping Monsters
  • Dylusions sprays in London Blue, Cherry Pie, and Lemon Zest (primary colors) were sprayed through the stencil
  • Amy Tangerine alphas for "primary"
  • The trusty old typewriter provided the rest of the sentiment; each piece was outlined using Black Soot Distress Ink and Tim's water brush 
  • Andrea's color words from her stamp set were added to the appropriate areas, and her inky splatters from the same set provided some artsy interest
  • I mounted this into a panel of scrap DCWV cards to know
I'd like to enter this into the current Inkspirational Challenge:


I think I'll give this to our new principal. I will miss our old one, but this new gal promises to be fun!

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous card for the Ink challenge but even moreso for your new principal! Primary perfect! Are you a teacher? I am...high school English. Have been for a zillion years and, for the past couple of years, have been very, very, very part time. Not ready for summer to end; we start on the 31st...Gahhhh!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool take on the primary colors challenge and for the intended occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous take on the primary colours challenge - this is amazing.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay miss lady
    what a great idea using that primary colors
    I guess I ever seen a post with this stencil
    and it looks beautiful on this card Mimi
    love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This could not be more perfect for the primary color challenge! I love the color wheel that you have created. So unique and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete