This was the quickest monthly tag I've completed and it is also one of my fave remixes:
Here's Tim's remix graphic:
|Dudes: this April tag is rocking my world and I love it. Beautiful.|
Supplies and notes (these Tim-tags are always technique-heavy for me... and I love it, but it gets lengthy in this segment):
- Started with a library catalog card base coated with white Liquitex gesso
- Applied the brayer technique in the following manner: used an old inkpad re-inker as my brayer and rolled it into Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint, and Antique Bronze Distress Stains on my mat, and then rolled it across the card. When dry, water spots added by doing the half-press on the ol' mini-mister
- For the frame portion I busted out my Mixed Media Thinlits by Tim and cut a few iterations of the hexagons out of some 1893 music paper... so fragile it broke itself off
- For the negative pieces, I inked a bunch with the following DIs: Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Frayed Burlap, and Scattered Straw
- Edge of card inked with Frayed Burlap DI
- The feather is a Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencil with Distress Crackle in Black Soot
- The sentiment is rhetorical, of course, but it is from an old book. I outlined each word with an ultra-fine brown Prismacolor pen
- The keys and paperclip are from my stash. I actually went against my utilitarian instinct and glued the paperclip to the card instead of affixing it "naturally" (properly would be the proper word)-- this allows the keys to swing more freely
- The ribbon is newly acquired from the quilt show in town this weekend-- some lady had a booth with baskets and baskets of remnant fibers (primarily yarns and hand-dyed ribbons), and it was a dig-fest!!! You know what I mean: you got to just rummage through cubic yards of fiber... OMG. Fantasy land. I was like, "Take my money. Thank you." Anyway, just ended up using staples because I couldn't decide what size hole to punch: 1/8" or standard. ("[Expletive]. I'll just staple it." And I'm so happy.) So... the very last thing I did was add the button (BasicGrey) and the camera (The Paper Studio) to the ribbon. This 100% reminded me of my beloved Disneyland and our lanyards... anybody feel me there? I have the fever so bad... we were just there in February, but I would LOVE to go back in October.
Have a great August... see you next month.