Saturday, August 13, 2016

Contain yo'self!

I love upcycling boxes!  Thanks for the challenge, Mr. Monday Simon!




Supplies:

  • Cigarillo tin (Dad smokes 'em, Mom saves 'em)
  • Coated exterior of tin with black Liquitex gesso.  Because I'm not sure what I'll do with this box yet, I'm leaving the inside unfinished.
  • The flower is a Heidi Swapp stencil with Teresa Collins modeling paste on it. 
  • The leaves were colored with Peeled Paint Distress Crayon
  • The flower color includes: Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and Distress Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Stain. 
  • The box was edged with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, and then I added some shading with a Black Soot Distress Crayon
  • Andrea Ockey-Parr's stamps were used in the background (the circles with text and the black splatters)
  • I used white Liquitex gesso to spatter,  accent, and dot the edges of the tin
Maybe I'll print some photos and place them in here for my folks. My mom would like that I use the items she saves for me!

4 comments:

  1. Mimi, what a gorgeous jazzing up of these cigarillo tins! Filled with photos: a marvelous gift! Yep...lovin' this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous recycle! Love your tin, the rose is fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning Cigarette box
    wooow that flower looks adorable on that box sweety
    you are mixed media queen
    yes I always said it cause this is gorgeous
    how are you today my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite pieces!!! Love how you made this, looks so striking!

    ReplyDelete