Saturday, August 13, 2016

Atlantic Hearts

I also haven't played with Atlantic Hearts in a while... geez... this family thing really cuts into my craft time!  Ha!

Here's my card:


This is the sketch:

Supplies:

  • The heart panel was initially a piece of letterpress paper used to mop up the ink from another project, which resulted in a super-cool wrinkle-free distress effect
  • Last week I was using the Dina Wakley hearts and this panel was lying there and so I used it to get rid of some excess ink on it... what a perfect grey-tone for the panel!  
  • I outlined the heart with some Elmer's Craft Bond and added some Antique Linen Distress Glitter... then the panel sat there looking pretty for a few days...
  • ...until I remembered the current AH challenge!
  • I added a scrap of  1893 music paper that was on my desk, and tore a few pieces of 7 Gypsies masking tape to match the DIs
  • The sentiment was written using Pebeo Relief Liner in Faux Lead
Voila!  I really love so many elements of this card and hope you do, too!

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors, textures! Isn't it fun how our creations 'make themselves' - sometimes they sit around waiting for us to see them! Thank you for joining AHSC this week- you rocked the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heart panel is cool Mimi
    love the music note there
    great use the sketch
    love what you made my friend
    see you around if you are in blue mood
    Sunday Stamps has the color challenge with blue
    look at my last post please
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the multiple textures on this card - plus the snippet of music appeals to me as a musician :) Unique approach - but that's your style - always on the edge and doing something out of the ordinary. Thanks for making us see something different this week at Atlantic Hearts. Here's hoping you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've added lots of different elements on here, but it still looks uncluttered and ultra cool and youthful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely on so many levels! The heart is a gorgeous touch, as is the sheet music. Just love that, it appeals to me as I play piano. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week! ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the angled heart and the colour combination you have used, what a great card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you incorporated the music notes in the heart and the peek of music notes in the background washi tapes...very cool. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC, and hope you come back for this week's new sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love happy accidents that progress into beautiful creations! This is such a fun card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC.

    Linda- ASCH DT
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete