Saturday, August 6, 2016

SoSS: I is for Inappropriate

What fun! I've been invited to be a guest designer at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers at for their current challenge!

Try not to choke on the mixed-drink disguised as a latte:


Here is my little offering for this hilarious challenge:



...so full of opportunities for utterly crass humor... I remain restrained...

I actually listed the sayings I was considering for my husband to choose from, and he chose this!  Funny: he didn't like the one about a man-period.  The other saying he liked was from a meme on Pinterest: "If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cabbitch."  Hmmmm.... wonder if he was trying to tell me something...

To make this card, I used utility lettering to mask my sentiment then went to town with Wild Plum and Red Pepper Alcohol Ink with some Gold Mixative.  I then used tweezers to pick off the stickers... kind of a pain in the a$$, but I don't think I'll shy away from this technique in the future-- it does look cool IRL. Next, I popped the panel onto some DCWV paper and added some iridescent red gems from DCWV... do they look like blood?  OMG, now *that's* inappropriate!  

You wanna know what's more inappropriate?  My late posting is the result of me being on the road again for my BFF's bridal shower-- I think I'll give this card to her with a box of contraceptives!  LOL!  Thankfully,  I've just thought of that,  and the card is at home,  hours away,  so I won't embarrass the bride's "proper" guests or the groom's people... more mimosa, please...

13 comments:

  1. Great job, Mimi! So lucky to have you guesting for us for this challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your sense of humor is da bomb!! You are my people!! LOL! LOVE your card, and the technique you used to make it! So glad to have you as our Guest Designer at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Cramps or contractions, it's like choosing between plague or cholera, which is the Norwegian version of 'to be between the devil and the deep blue sea'... Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Mimi! I love it .. your husband is hilarious too! lol Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Card Mimi!! You absolutely tickled my funny bone...Grin But I am soooo stealing that Cabbitch Meme. And thanks for sharing that awesome sticker technique which just remindced me that I have boxes full of old alpha stickers and I am so doing this to use them up! So glad you could join us as an honorary Sister - Great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHaHa love it, I like the cabbitch one too lol. Memes are a good source. love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that you've pointed out the red gems, I like this card even more! If only you'd realized what a lovely bridal shower card this could have been. :P Great to have you joining the Sisterhood for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Mimi as GDT yaayy you rock the challenge the BG you made is wonderfull
    .nice sentiment too..I would never reach a background like this...this is so rich Mimi.
    Love your project

    My mom still here and I have less time to blogging..hope you dont mind...miss to walk around your blog but I cant...mom like to cook and chit n chat with me haha..less crafting less blogging...but love to make mom happy

    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this card Mimi!!
    Thanks for being our Queen and guest designer for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious card Mimi! Love that pink background, wow! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This background absolutely rocks! I looooove all the shades of pink, fuccsia and purple, what a beauty! And thank you for the info about the SS link :-) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant, a sentiment that has everyone nodding in agreement. And I love the way you made the background. In fact I'm off to try using stickers as masks right now!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for being a guest designer for our inappropriate challenge.

    ReplyDelete