Monday, August 1, 2016

As You See It #140

I really liked this sketch, and though I don't do as many sketch challenges, I thought I'd jump right in to get my mojo goin':


Here's the sketch from As You See It:


Supplies and notes:
  • The paper is all from my scrap bin.  The hearts are from Simple Stories; the grey is Core'dinations; the music paper is 100 years old
  • I stitched it all onto a scrap of black Core'dinations
  • The circle was already punched (Fiskars punch), and the sentiment is a Heidi Swapp diecut.
  • The heart is from a Heidi Swapp sticker pack, and the pink dot is by Kathy Davis
  • Black dots are Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite
Here's a picture from the middle of a nearby creek.  Husband is a forester and he had to come out to this creek to check on a fallen tree in the watercourse which was blocking a low-water crossing.  My youngest and I drove out to meet him.  Fun to wade through a creek in the woods!  Isn't it beautiful here?  

5 comments:

  1. Look at you just a stitching! Yay! Rub off on me now, please and oh take me to that river darling! AAAAHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that you like the sketch! It is a beauty and a great one for using up the bits as you have. I really like that you used stitching to piece it all together - rather like a quilt. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't stitching fun and don't you love the decorative effect of it! So cool. Didn't know of this challenge blog, will head over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearts and music are the perfect duo and I love that you stitched all the elements together! So glad you joined us this week at As You See It Challenges!

      Delete