Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August Creative With Stamps

I think I may have missed last month's challenge at Creative With Stamps, but I can't believe I haven't played yet this month.

Quick! Here's my card!


Actually,  the truth is: I did try to play earlier in the month... but I messed up my card by rushing a sentiment...

Anyway, here is a quick description of supplies and methods employed for the card:
  • Panel with Teresa Collins modeling paste through a very-geometric Heidi Swapp stencil 
  • Once dry, colored with various Distress Crayons and smeared with water.  I wiped it a little with a baby wipe when it was mostly dry which emphasized the texture
  • Three different (old) stamps from three companies were inked with Ranger Archival 
  • I wrote a tiny sentiment with a Tombow and also added tiny dots here and there around the panel
  • The panel was affixed to a blank blue textured card from my friend Autumn... thanks!
Take care,  all.


14 comments:

  1. Your card really caught my eye. Love the effect of the paste and the water colours/crayons with the colours pooling in places. Will definitely be giving this technique a go. Your stamping is so artsy too with stamping over the paste and looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing this beauty....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The texture/dimension is so eye-catching! Artsy awesome!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi, I love this beautiful technique on your card~so happy you joined us at Creative With Stamps this month. Great texture, coloring and geometric design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you layered the crayons over your texture paste, so so cool! This card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! The colours are wonderful!

    I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Being called "paper and glue rolled in some humor" is what I'd consider a high compliment! Made my day, it did, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed browsing several of your recent posts (you've been busy!). Love what you did here with the crayons over texture and the horizontal striping of color. Great composition--nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is heavenly & your description makes it SOUND LIKE i could do that without getting modelling paste & distress crayon ALL OVER THE LIVING ROOM... tho i suspect i'd have to do that by being YOU, which, i don't think i am. but maybe i could be suuuuuuuuuuuuuper careful??!?! or just admire this from afar? possibly safer! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paste stenciled detailing really makes a difference on this card, it makes your card look so special and I love that multitude of colors. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is gorgeous!!!
    Glad you could join us at Creative With Stamps this month!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah - I like it! Beautiful colors :)
    Glad you have found the time to participate our challenge at Creative with Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as you know sweety we were in Holland and has less internet chance
    and my mom still here till 20 Sept
    so less blogging n card making only made my DT Cards thats all hehe
    I and my mom love to cook Indonesian food hehe
    Mimi I wanna say stunningggg
    great texture...adorable colors and I love your idea
    clever and funtastiv card my friend
    Good luck Mimi
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! How I love that sweet summer colors! Great use of crayons and the stencil is stunning and very effective. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! How I love that sweet summer colors! Great use of crayons and the stencil is stunning and very effective. Great job!

    ReplyDelete