Saturday, August 13, 2016

Colour Q

I don't think I've played with Colour Q since early July.  I like that they get their color inspirations from things like catalogs... I get inspired in that way, too.

Here's my tag:


This is the palette and image:

Supplies:
  • The tag is by 7 Gypsies.  I wiped up some excess black and white Liquitex gesso from my mat... actually did two tags because I had overestimated my gesso needs whilst painting a skull!
  • The feather is from The Paper Studio
  • The trim is ever so fun-- I believe it is from a BasicGrey ribbon pack from years ago... like at least five.  It actually is four rows of studs but that was too much, so I snipped off the last row
  • The skeleton is by Tim
  • The ribbon at the top is from my stash.
  • The sentiment was typed with my typewriter and edged with Black Soot and Evergreen Bough DI
Fun and edgy, huh! 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome mixed media design! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza
    I join too
    but as I see yours
    I know you will be a winner
    and my is not hehe
    Mimi the feather in this color is beautiful
    and this is for manly right
    so cool and many metals on your TAG
    love your mixed media again
    see you around sweet friend and happy sunday
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first sight I thought you'd made a collage background of papers, but there's only paint, I don't know how you get them on like this, it's messy but in a cool, orderly way. If that makes sense. Not messy and messed up, lol, believe me I have my share of messed up backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete