I was shocked to discover that I really don't have a ton of cat, dog, or rain stash... so I struggled... until I thought, "Hmmm... I think the Christmas Grumplings might have a cat or dog..." And YES!
I love the Grumplings. The sentiment stamps that come with them are hysterical as well, but I wanted a sentiment as a humorous focal, so I added a favorite winter quote! I'll just have this card ready for when my winter grumpiness sets in. (Not a fan of the cold...)
- Taylored Expression Grumpling (set from a few years ago) inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black on a scrap of 110# cardstock; colored with Spectrum Noir and Prismacolor markers. Cheeks "blushed" with Jane Davenport cream pastels
- Sentiment panel was a scrap of Strathmore watercolor paper and written with Distress Crayon in Black Soot scribbled on my mat and brushed with water and a small sturdy brush. Edges of panel inked with DI in Stormy Sky.
- Background paper is Bo Bunny from 2013, given to me recently by a coworker. Edges distressed with a Making Memories distressing tool (in my opinion, the best on the market) and inked with DI in Stormy Sky as well.
- Garland dies by Elizabeth Craft Designs and cut from a scrap of glittery paper. (I actually cut these a couple weeks ago.) These were adhered with matte Distress Collage Medium.
- The black cardstock in the back was also scrap. I was amazed to find it because I never have a piece of black that is this big!
Hope to see your creations at Shopping Our Stash this week!
I love Grumplings and have none. he/she is coloured perfectly and love the sentiment and it's perfect for card!! awesome job.ReplyDelete
Sweet! Jo xReplyDelete
oh what an awesome card mimi, and as always your lettering is beyond awesome and MAKES the whole card!!! ♥ReplyDelete
So stinking fabulous! Love the Grumpling kitty along with that fabulous sentiment! LOL!ReplyDelete
I don’t think I’ve seen the mentioned grumplings before. Must google it.ReplyDelete
I love this cats’s facial expression and the big, bold and fun sentiment. Cool!
Love those Grumplings, the sentiments are hilarious but I like yours better.ReplyDelete
You are brave to hand write it, I would be to scared of messing up.
Awesome card Teammie.
I love the Grumplings too!!!!!ReplyDelete
I just HATE colouring them lol
I love love love love your card!
Will you make the one that says I am sorry for what I said when I was hungry.....LMAO