Good morning! I say "East-side Maui" because this tag evokes more of that rustic-remote vibe from the least-populated region of coastal Maui.
|Layers of fiber...|
|Just look at those layers!|
|Oh, the irony...|
- Ranger base tag painted with a mixture of white iquitex gesso and some generic brown acrylic paint scraped on with an old hotel room-key.
- Cardboard panel from some packaging painted at the same time in the same fashion.
- "Aloha" written with a DecoArt paint pen
- Twine from stash
- Yarn sent last year by the fiber-lovin' (and fiber-sharin') Andrea at Snapping Monsters.
- The flowers were made by using the sponge-tip of Distress Paints in Picked Raspberry and Broken China on to old typewriter paper. When dry, I used the DecoArt paint pen to draw the flowers
- The faux water droplets are Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- The last thing I added was the greenery... which is Mini Greenery by Tim Holtz cut from some paper that Autumn at Sew Paper Paint sent a year or two ago.
There are a few things unique about this project that make it special to me:
- I thought of my oldest daughter the whole time while making it because she loves Hawaii, and we visited Maui together a year ago
- Parts are from two inspiring crafty friends (Andrea and Autumn... huge hugs and thanks)
- There is no black on this project! (Now, that doesn't make it special because I love black, but it definitely was a choice I made, and I don't know why, to stay away from black on this project).
I'd love to share this with the folks at:
wow! what a pretty tag.ReplyDelete
You described the tag's vibe perfectly and it turned out just great! Love your sense of humor. Fear not, spring is just around the corner.ReplyDelete
wow looks vintageReplyDelete
and love that corugated paper
made it has much texture Mimi
beautiful Foto outside with the snow there
A lovely tag with lovely flowers. I like the colors.ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)
A beautiful tag with an exotic feel. I hope to go to Hawaii one day...ReplyDelete
Such a beautiful tag! Love the use of cardboard!!ReplyDelete
Thank you for playing along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again soon xx Zoey
Such a fun tag! Love the pop of colours as the focal! Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers!- AditiReplyDelete
Gorgeous tag, your flowers are beautifulReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week