Here's Tim's Remix graphic:
Supplies and notes:
- I began with a library catalog card base. FYI, the book attached was from 1960, and it was withdrawn from the collection in 1980. So it's possible that this base is about 50 years old, maybe older. That paperclip was on the card. I just kept it in place as I went through the processes.
- I don't have any tissue tape from Tim, but I did receive my prize from last month's win, and it was wrapped in some of his tissue paper, and after I did a little inspection, I thought, "Yeah... this might have resistive properties..." It does! So anyway, I pasted it onto my card with matte Mod Podge
- The stamps used are Invoke Arts and one from a Somerset gift (I think... no packaging...), inked in MementoLuxe in Tuxedo Black. (I ordered one of Tim's mixed-media palettes prior to reading these instructions... I'm really stoked now! My MementoLuxe has been a workhorse, so it will be great to have an alternative. Next, I want Dyan Reaveley's! Sh*t, maybe I'll go order it tonight...)
Look at this thing! It's huge! I feel like a tiny person holding it!
I didn't get to use it on this project, but since I mentioned it...
- For the texture I used Teresa Collins modeling paste through a Martha Stewart stencil and dried it with a heat gun
- I then used the following sprays: Dylusions in Vibrant Turquoise and Cut Grass, and Distress Spray Stain in Pumice Stone. Instead of spraying water, in the words of Bridget Jones, "I choose vodka." Yes, one of my mini spritzers stays in my desk with vodka. No, I don't use it like Binoca. If you break into my shack, the flask for drinking is in the top drawer on the right.
- For the sparkly stuff, I used a more subtle Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in a thin black with gold flake.
- After all of that, I edged the card with Shabby Shutters DI. Again I say: that's one of my fave DIs... nice and bright. A very pleasant green
- The flowers were made with the Tattered Florals die. I punched them out of the tissue wrap from my prize from April's tag win... :) and inked them with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions. They also got some leftover ink from my ink tray... pretty much everything is in there...
- For embellishments, I used an old stamp from my stash, coated in Ranger Crackle accents then wiped with some Vintage Photo Distress Stain, an arrow Ideology sticker inked with Mermaid and Rust Adirondack Alcohol Inks, and a heart charm treated with alcohol inks, frantage EP, and Crackle Accents. The tape is also from my prize package! (You'd think I lived through the depression era, as resourceful as I am...)
(I'm posting from my phone... pardon any mistakes!)