Tim's 12 Tags of 2016 were off my radar until this past week... here is my tag for April's remix:
See the faint crazing? Mmmm...
This is his remix graphic:
I enjoy participating in these challenges because it really requires participants to either try new techniques or to revisit techniques for desired outcomes. I personally play with resist properties often, but have never done a mosaic in this way, building up with Glossy Accents. Very fun, especially for people like me who like puzzles and pieces...
I'm also going to share this at Happy Little Stampers April Mixed Media: Wings... cuz... look ittt...
Supplies and notes:
- For the mosaic portion:
- The hearts were cut out of straight-up cardboard from the recycling bin (Happy Earth Day! For a forester, every day is Earth Day!)
- I painted the hearts with Liquitex gesso and affixed my little cut pieces from my scrap-paper bag while I watched Mountain Monsters with the fam
- I let them dry overnight and added Glossy Accents to the "tiles"
- For the record, I tried grouting with some modeling paste, but, nuh-uh. I didn't like what it did to the tiles. I considered piping modeling paste into the spaces between like a mini-caulking gun, but... nope. Next time. (I've thought of piping with modeling paste, and I finally did it! I'll add a link when I upload images)
- I inked it with DI in Frayed Burlap
- For the background/ paint-resist portion:
- I used a library catalog card and applied Antique Linen Distress Paint through a Brett Weldele Scribbles stencil
- When dry, I washed it with Broken China Distress Stain
- After that, I inked the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink and lightly spritzed with high-quality H20
- The wings are from an old Grungeboard pack by Tim. I painted them with Liquitex gesso and sprinkled some pearl white EP by Stampendous, and added some Antique Gold Stampendous frantage EP and affixed them. After attached, I inked the edges of the wings with Scattered Straw
- I typed the quote with my old typewriter and dragged it through Evergreen Bough DI, then added a light coat of Ranger Crackle Accents
- The hemp is True Hemp with metallic thread woven through
My youngest selected the quote for this, and said we should give it to a neighbor who is pregnant. I will take her recommendation!