This project has been in the works for a couple weeks. I've been waiting for a quote to magically come along for me to type and place, but so far, nothing has been right. If that ever happens, I'll add it to this post. Until then... feast your eyes:
Supplies and notes:
- Started off with a scrap piece of chipboard, painted roughly with Liquitex gesso
- Once dry, I coated it with Iced Spruce and Pumice Stone Distress Stains.
- I par-dried the stains with a heat tool, then sprinkled some Custer's Last Stamp EP in silver across it... it stuck to the damp areas well enough for me to slowly heat the underside of the chipboard to begin the adhering process, then I was able to go to town melting the top.
- I added the last of my small pieces (less than 12"x12") of chicken wire with some Recollections brads. I also added some brads to random places.
- The wood veneer birds are Studio Calico
- The bluebells were from JoAnn's. (I actually sought these out after I saw THIS project over at Pawsitively Creative... I absolutely love them...)
- The satin seam binding is vintage, and I tried to dye it with DIs to match the flowers... I think I used Chipped Sapphire, Milled Lavender, and Victorian Velvet
I will share this at the following places: