Since I got Tim's paper dolls, this paper-doll girl always looked like my niece, Viv, to me:
|This was us last weekend in G & G's pool... I chose this picture because she looks serious like the paper doll.|
|This was also last weekend... Viv normally looks all smiley like this! Aren't they cute?|
When I went to make this tag, I found this quote in my clippings tin and it was like, "Oh yeah..."-- we had just visited, and Viv is very into wearing Grandma's old high heels!
- Took advantage of the current SS Wednesday challenge and used a bunch of patterned paper scraps to punch hexagons from with a Fiskars punch.
- Hexagons adhered to a library card base using Distress Collage Medium in Matte. Some spots were empty so that the library card could show through.
- Once covered, the card was coated with Distress Collage Medium in Crazing, however, it was very hot out and it's likely that the medium dried too quickly for many cracks to form. Distress Crayon drawn around the edges in Chipped Sapphire and rubbed it in to accentuate the few cracks that showed up.
- "Viv" was coated with a layer of Distress Collage Medium in Vintage and adhered to the card using 3M dimensional tape.
- The quote from an old book was adhered using Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.
- Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold were added for additional flare.
- Vintage seam binding from my stash.
As I mentioned, I'm taking advantage of the current Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday challenge: use patterned paper.