An Apple for the Teacher!
We are inviting you, dear crafters, to create either a teacher appreciation project or a project featuring fruits and/or veggies!
Here is my (hopefully) inspiring tag, meeting both of the challenge options!:
I plan to give this to my youngest daughter's teacher looped over a nice big bottle of hand sanitizer! An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but some good hand-sanitizing may well do the same!
Supplies and notes:
- I employed Tim Holtz's Rusted Enamel Technique from Creative Chemistry 101 for the background, using Forest Moss and Frayed Burlap DIs on a 7 Gypsies tag
- The apple was made by cutting the shape from heavy-duty packing kraft and following this technique, inspired by THIS project by Jenny Marples for Frilly & Funkie. I used Red Pepper, Currant, and Rust Adirondack alcohol inks and a Walnut Stain Distress Crayon over Ranger Crackle Accents. The stem is a piece of penstamen stem painted with Walnut Stain Distress Paint.
- Ribbon, trim, and brad from my stash
- Image of kiddies is from Heartwarming Vintage, 2009
- I scrawled the note with Pebeo Relief Liner in Faux Lead
- Border dots by Viva
Really love to see what the people of Blogland have stashed! See you guys over at SOS!