- I made a 2x2" box "canvas" out of some heavy duty packing cardboard, then coated it with matte Mod Podge and adhered an old encyclopedia page.
- Texture was added by pasting some Pebeo Medium Gel Texture: Yellow Sand through a stencil made by using a Tim Holtz harlequin die
- When dry (overnight), a heavy coating of sample house paint (Behr Flat Starless Night) was added over the textured area
- When this stage was dry (overnight), some DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush was wiped over the textured area
- The exposed text was lightly scribbled on with Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, and Antique Linen Distress Crayons, then blended with a scant amount of water to further age the old pages
- A Tim Holtz crown and ringed brads were inked with gold Adirondack alcohol ink mixative; the crown was adhered to the panel with E-6000 glue and the brads were attached to the sides of the box
- The fabulous trim came from the local quilt show last month
- The sentiment is a typed quote by Jill Scott. I used the "goldest" color of DI I could find: Brushed Corduroy, to ink the edges. I added her name to the bottom of the box in order to give credit where credit is due.
I plan to share this at Try It On Tuesday, and my two colors are blue and gold. (I'm hoping the neutrals of the page don't count!