Tuesday, October 23, 2018

SOS 377: Not your average (shaped) card!

Hello!  This week we have a fun one at Shopping Our Stash... make a shaped card... but not any average shape!  Steer clear of the squares, circles, rectangles, and ovals...  you gotta go see the design team's creations for more inspiration!  This will be FUN!

Made this for a coworker who is also a great friend.  She spent some time teaching in England and picked up a tea habit:


Supplies:

  • I made the card base from a piece of Core'dinations cardsock .  I folded it in half then sketched the cup. After the initial "cut," I trimmed and trimmed until I was happy.
  • Detail was added with Liquitex gesso
  • The floral accent paper has been in my stash for a couple years: it is Kaisecraft from the year __.  I fussy-cut the flowers from that paper as well.  
  • I am continuing to used my Ranger Liquid Pearls in White Opal... even though I keep saying I'm on my last drop!
  • Stickles also added.
  • I cut the banner from a scrap of paper and brushed the greeting in Finetec metallic.
So there you have it... a fun tea-cup!  It reminds me of the mad tea party on the original Alice in Wonderland.

See you at Shopping Our Stash!

3 comments:

  1. This is oh so girly and dainty and gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has a beautiful shape. The detailing is spot on too, like the non smooth looking surface of the cup and lovely rose detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!
    Fab card for someone with a "tea habit" (lol)

    ReplyDelete