This week, SOS is calling on the crafty corner of Blogland to shop our stashes and use word dies!
This was easy for me... I only have one word die!
Supplies and notes:
- "Joy" is a Taylored Expression word die, and it was the first die I owned-- I had it before Autumn sent me her trusty Cuttlebug... thanks again, homie! The die came with a Grumpling stamp set. Ironic that TE sent me the "joy" with the Grumplings... LOL
- The base is a library catalog card that was sitting on my desk as the recipient of some extra Teresa Collins modeling paste through an inky (read "dirty and old") Heidi Swapp paper stencil... which yielded the blues and greens on the grid
- Next, I sprayed some pinkish Tattered Angels Glimmer Mister
- The jeweled trim was a sale item at Michael's, attached with Recollections brads which have been in the stash for years
- The mappy peony was created using diecuts from my stash, cut months ago using Tim's Tattered Florals, sprayed with the same Glimmer Mist as the base
- The center of the flower is a generic brass brad coated with Glossy Accents and topped with Antique Linen Distress Glitter
- For the peony leaves, I used more diecuts already in my stash (also Tim's die), sprayed first with Dylusions in Fresh Lime then White Linen
- The key is Recollections
- The ribbon is from my stash
- In various places on the tag, I added Andrea Ockey-Parr's/Snapping Monsters droplet stamp inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
That's pretty much it! Do you have word dies in your stash? Join me and the girls at SOS!