Here is my final creation for The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Xmas:
...sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique, which truly, truly rocks. In fact, I just received a backordered item today (Princess Gold EP), and Linda and/or her elves included a little New Year's greeting and confetti-- so sweet!
Anyway, here is Linda's tag:
I love the way she created a card out of a tag, but after playing with the idea, nothing caught fire for me. So I did what I've done on past tag challenges that vexed me: looked at Linda's tag to identify the basic components that spoke to me. In this case, I love her green and red, I always love the aged look, I adore twine, and I coveted that polka dotted baby tag! Those were the inspirational components that grabbed me this time.
Supplies and notes :
- Instead of going with plaid, I stayed with stripes. I felt like at this angle, they are reminiscent of-- yes-- seasonal candy canes. I used Mod Podge through a Martha Stewart stencil and added Festive Berries Distress Glitter. May I say: all of that thick Mod Podge really warped this tag! Dang!
- The library card itself started out with some Evergreen Bough Distress ink
- After those two basic background steps, I swiped some Vintage Photo Distress Stain onto the mat then dragged the edges of the tag through it.
- I made the tiny tag with scrap kraft and added the dots with a dull pencil tip (this pencil is officially a tool... I use it for all sorts of unconventional things) dipped in some Fired Brick Distress paint. The edges were daubed with Gathered Twigs. I still may add a little charm... a bell maybe??? For now, I'll just let it sit for a day... it will let me know what it needs!
- The twine was from my stash
I guess that's it! This tag will adorn a bottle of Whipped vodka for a friend of mine... mmmm...
I like your way of designing your cards and tags with a bit of wobbly paper and kind of randomness, I like this style but am terrible at it myself.ReplyDelete
Wishing you a lovely Christmas. Tomorrow is the big day, in Norway Santa arrives after Christmas dinner so all presents will be opened tomorrow, you'll probably have to wait one more night if I'm not mistaken...
Love these candy cane stripes! Gorgeous. Congrats on creating 12 amazing tags this Christmas!ReplyDelete
Your candy cane stripes are fantastic - I love them! And the twine bow is the perfect topper. Thanks so much for your kind words about my shop. I'm so pleased that you had a great shopping experience with us :)ReplyDelete
I'm delighted that you played along this year for The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. Congratulations on crossing the finish line! Hope to see you back again for next year's challenge.